Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 34 - Let's Pass Some Gas

Well, the removal of the "repogal" tube wasn't as much of a success as we'd hoped. Chloe's belly did fill up with gas this morning. We're not quite sure why she can't seem to pass it. The doctor guesses that it could just be immaturity or it could be that there is scar tissue obstructing the passage. They put off the attempted feeding and inserted a new tube into her belly to relieve the gas pressure. This one was inserted into her nose.

Please pray with me that her body will continue to heal itself. I'm feeling alternately confident/hopeful/desperate today.

1 comment:

  1. Cyndi,
    Thinking of you and Chloe. Let's just hope that belly stays undistended and gas free. It's amazing how you learn all these medical things so quickly when faced with them. Don't research stuff anyways, it can be discouraging. My kids had the repogle for NEC treatment (months later I looked it up as I did not know how it was spelled either). Will continue to pray.
    Jennifer Carlson

    ReplyDelete