Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 28 - New Home

We moved ourselves into our new home this weekend. I know. Seems like bad timing. But this was all lined up before Chloe and Leila arrived. We were actually supposed to move last weekend. We had about ten friends lined up to help pack and move but cancelled the move when Chloe got sick. It seemed like it would be much more difficult - all our friends were busy this weekend. But my sister flew in from Houston a few days ago and has been like an angel. She packed up our whole house in two days and has been busy unpacking and organizing, as well. I can hardly believe how smoothly it all went. Between her and my mom we have been so spoiled lately! I'm so thankful for them!

Even with the move we got to visit Chloe both days. Dave and I made it to the hospital just before midnight Saturday night and Leticia and I made it there today in time for the isolette change. Chloe's still doing well. She handled the isolette change so well, in fact, that I got to hold her for ten minutes. It was probably the fastest ten minutes of my life but I'll take a fast ten minutes with her doing so well any time!

Chloe turned four weeks today! I can't believe we've had her that long! On more than one occasion I've worried about losing her. To think that she was born four weeks ago and is doing so well is nothing less than a miracle. Just to look at her is to understand why micro-preemies are considered miracles. I can't be more thankful for every week, day, moment that we have with her.

They're still working on weaning her dopamine and morphine down further and her blood pressure seems to be maintaining. She's laying on her belly tonight and seems to really like that. They currently have her O2 settings down to 40% and that's better than it's been in days. I think they'll be doing the contrast study tomorrow. This is the test that should confirm her intestines are all healed up. I've been praying (well, actually thanking and begging) constantly every day and waiting anxiously for tomorrow's test results. Every day is important but this particular sickness is the one that most recently made us think we'd lose her. I'm ever so anxious to hear that it's healed!

2 comments:

  1. I CAN NOT BELIEVE Chloe is 4 weeks old!!! She's already absolutely amazing!!!
    How'd the test go today?
    So I started Bible Study last Friday and there were 2 DIFFERENT prayer requests for expecting mothers that have been diagnosed with TTTS!!!!!
    Most ladies in my BS are already experts on the subject via your story and praying for you guys all this time, so they jumped right on these new prayer requests and knew SPECIFICALLY what to pray for.
    all I could do was sit back and mentally say... WOW.
    our live and prayers cont. For you and your sweet family! Hope to squeeze you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to catch up on everything today! I just wanted to say before I move on to more recent posts that my sister mentioned that walking into the NICU was a holy experience for her. Seeing all of the micropreemies was just a testament of the reality of miracles in our day. That is truly a hallowed place, looked over by angels.

    ReplyDelete