I'm trying to keep a bit of distance from Chloe. Dave is feeling sick and I'm paranoid of bringing something into her room. We stopped by for a visit today before taking Leticia to the airport but we didn't hang around or touch her. We also moved into our new house this weekend so my recent visits have been really short. I feel like I'm having Chloe withdrawal and hope she's not missing me.
They actually did the ink test tonight by putting some kind of tinted liquid into her belly. The plan was to track it's progress through her digestive system using x-rays. The liquid never left her belly, though. This is confusing to us since she's been pooping so much lately. The doctor seems to think that this is a morphine-related side effect and wants to try again after she's been off morphine for a while. We're worried about her lack of pain medication, though, because she seems to be having trouble keeping her oxygen saturation up lately. She's not tolerating care (being handled) well at all and this could be a sign that she's experiencing pain or discomfort. She's still on the oscillator (the respirator that makes her belly vibrate), has tubes down her throat, and has drains sticking out of her side. Seems pretty darn uncomfortable to me! I hate to think she's in pain. I just pray that God can lay his hands over her like a warm blanket and comfort her while I'm not there to hum her our special song.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Don't worry, God has been with her since before she was born. His hand is on her comforting her through this battle. Missing you all and continuing to pray for all. Joyce
ReplyDeleteCyndi.... Chloe is such a trooper. You could record yourself reading a story to Chloe and have the nurses play the tape for her. I'm sure they would be happy for her. You could even hum your special song. That way she would still hear your voice. The snoodle doll can help her smell you. So she can hear you and smell you! If you do read a story, you might want to make it a long one that way they don't have to keep rewinding it :) You're all in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteJen