Chloe's been leaning heavily on her respirators and the nurses can't seem to get her oxygen levels down without the O2 saturation in her body getting too low.
I spent some time humming to her today and decided that she really likes my singing. She must know I'm her Mama. Every time I hummed her O2 saturation would increase. It's nice to feel as though I'm actually doing something to help my little girl. The same thing happened for Dave when we went back this evening. He would talk and sing to her and she'd just eat it up. Of course, she used to react to his voice from inside my belly. It probably sounds the same from inside her isolette.
The doctor really wants Chloe to start getting some nutrituion so they started her back on milk feedings today. There's a little feeding tube that goes into her mouth and all the way down into her belly - that's how they get the milk in. Unfortunately, that's also how they're getting the milk out. They're trying 1cc feedings every four hours. Before putting in a new 1cc of milk they can actual suck out any remaining fluid from the last feeding and there seems to be plenty left. She's not digesting. Prayer for the night. "Dear Lord, Please make Chloe's little body digest the nourishing milk she is fed so that she can grow bigger, stronger, and closer to coming home to her loving family. In Your name I pray. Amen"
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'm so glad you're doing this!! Yay!! I'll be back this afternoon to read it all!
ReplyDeleteIt seems like that whole feeding thing is REALLY finicky all through the NICU. Once she's digesting well, she still might stop digesting well for a few days. Once things were going well, I was startled with feeding setbacks. I thought once we cleared a hurdle, we would keep moving forward. Not the NICU way... Then once all that nonsense settles down and they try to feed her with a bottle or breast, it's a whole new set of challenges. The feeding drama seems so endless sometimes! Come on, you tough little princess! You can digest this!! It's just a wee little cc!! It's yummy! Mommy made it for you special! Mommy may even waft her milk-smelling boobies through the isolette arm holes if you are a very good girl....
ReplyDelete