Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day 16

So tired. I'm not sure how it is possible to be so tired from sitting all day or how my days are so long lately. I'm not doing any housework and am just barely mothering Solana. My mom is such a blessing! I have faith we'll make it work when my mom leaves. I'm just curious to see how that will happen...

Not much to report today. Chloe is still being weaned off of dopamine so no milk, yet. They've also lowered her morphine. It seems like a good thing that they're taking her off morphine but I worry that she's feeling pain or discomfort. She's such a tiny little thing and is constantly getting new IV's (she had 5 in 7 days) and gets her heel poked several times a day for blood. Plus, there's a tube down her throat and all the way to her belly and the oscillator kind of jiggles her around all the time. I hate to think how all of that feels. She seemed to be having a hard time this afternoon and Dave laid his hands over her to try and comfort her. I think if I pray hard enough for it then she'll be able to keep that feeling all night long. If God will lay his hands over her like Dave did when we're not there then I think she'll be ok.

Our biggest concern is still her lungs. Her x-rays still show "white-out." The doctor corrected my understanding today. This doesn't necessarily indicate fluid in the lungs but rather, collapsed lungs. They're so tiny and delicate that they just aren't opening the way they should. Unlike adults, premies still have the ability to grow lung tissue. Yes!

My prayer requests for the day:
- Let Chloe's blood pressure remain stable so that she can be fully weaned off of dopamine.
- Please keep her safe from pain and discomfort as she is weaned from morphine.
- Pray that the antibiotics she finished today fully eliminated the infection that set her back last week.
- Let her blood flow as needed throughout her body to her extremeties, kidneys, and stomach so that her body can pee and digest milk when it's asked to do so.
- Please give her body the strength to heal her damaged lungs so that she can eventually breathe on her own with full use of her lungs.

2 comments:

  1. we're praying for you all hon - you, dave, solana and your little angel chole... lots and lots of love and prayers are being sent to and lifted up in your names. Hugs honey...
    once I get set in the schedule/routine with Al, I'll call you and we can figure out when it would be a good time to squeeze you and sit for a spell.
    God bless you angel face.... keep the faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndi, your blog has me in tears... you are all going through so much... know that we are praying and anxiously waiting for any way to help you out!

    ReplyDelete