Never did I forsee the day that the description "Play-Doh factory poop, I wiped and it just kept coming" would elicit such excitement in me! The appearance of poop in Chloe's diaper is really something to cheer about. In four weeks, I haven't heard about any BM's and was questioning this quite a bit right before they diagnosed her intestinal tear. BM's mean her digestive system is functioning and are a great sign. I'm so excited to hear about it!
We didn't get the so-called "ink test" (I'm not sure what it's exactly called) today to confirm that Chloe's intestine is healed. The doctor wanted her to be completely off of dopamine and morphine before doing the test and she was still getting a very low level dose of morphine today. They've now discontinued both and, I'm excited to report, she seems to be handling her new drug-free existence quite well! Thank you God!
I hope that you have found this entry to be more literate than yesterday's. I was really tired when I composed it and it shows! :-)
Thank you, as always, for your concern/prayer/love/general goodness. You all mean so much to us and are a true blessing. I read the cards, emails, and messages every day and thank God for so all the wonderful people looking out for Chloe every day. God bless you and good night.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Ahhh, yes... Playdoh factory poop! Maybe she's trying to earn another sponge bath! :o) I just love her so much! I should have requested to spend this last night in Ohio sleeping on the recliner beside her isolette. yep...That would have been nice. I'm going to miss you guys...
ReplyDelete-Leticia
WOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!
ReplyDeletePRAISE for poopers!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!! I know JUST what you mean about being unexpectedly excited for poop! LOL!
ReplyDelete