Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 26 - Still waiting

The last three days have been pretty uneventful for Chloe. Things really haven't changed much. She's maintaining her oxygen saturation with oxygen levels in the 40's. She finished her antibiotics. They tried weaning her off dopamine unsucessfully but are trying again. We're hoping she can maintain her blood pressure without dopamine so she can start feeds on Tuesday. They're still planning on the ink test Monday to confirm that her intestines are in tact. Dave and I both noticed Chloe's belly looks big and round today. The nurse practitioner took a look and was unconcerned. Of course, I'm slightly paranoid. This was the sign we saw before she got really sick last week. Praying that she'll remain healthy and will wean successfully off her dopamine this weekend.

Thank you for all your prayers, messages, cards, and general love heading our direction. I'm comforted and happy to know that you all are reading Chloe's blog and thinking of her.

4 comments:

  1. Boring is good. Hang in there, Chloe, you're a champ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes uneventful is progressive! Prayers are still going out for her and your family, love the pics, she's beautiful just like mom & Aunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy things are going so well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have Chloe put on a prayer list at my church. I also went through TTTS and have a premature daughter. There are many up and down days in the NICU. As hard as it may be at times please try to remain positive. Your baby can sense your feelings. The picture you have posted of Chloe is absolutly BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete