Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 90 - Visit from Grammy and Grampy

Chloe's departure to Michigan will be tomorrow at 6:30am. I get to ride the in the ambulance and Dave will follow behind. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive. Unfortunately, there's not a Ronald McDonald house but we were able to secure an apartment right next to the hospital through the 7th. Hoping we won't need it that long! It's within walking distance from the hospital so that will be really convenient. I'll stay there as long as Chloe's there and Dave and Solana will visit on the weekends.

My parents arrived late last night. We put aside worrying for the day and spent some great Grammy and Grampy time before leaving for Michigan. We had breakfast at Cracker Barrel this morning (yum!) and then headed over to the hospital. We had a fantastic visit! I figured my parents would feel uncomfortable doing kangaroo care but wanted them to hold Chloe. Fortunately, our nurse offered to dress Chloe in an outfit, bundle her up, and take her out for family time! I wished I had brought some of the cute clothes my sister and Mom had bought her but she was so bundled up that you can't see them in the pictures, anyway. Plus, they lifted the restriction on children so Solana got to visit Chloe, too!!! She was beside herself with excitement but some how managed to reign it in and be quiet and still (except for her trembling with excitement :-)



















































My parents are getting their first peek at Chloe. My dad has never seen her before! My mom hasn't seen her in a couple of months!

















We were there a few minutes when we learned the restriction on children had been lifted. Dave and Solana were in the waiting area outside and got to come in. Solana was so excited! She's just approaching the isolette above. In the picture below she and my mom are waiting for the nurse to take Chloe out of the isolette. I caught my mom blinking but check out the look on Solana's face! She's soooo excited!

























































First kiss from big sister, Solana. This picture makes me want to cry!






8 comments:

  1. Awwww, so cute! You have beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bawling -- these new pictures are just wonderful!
    I will be thinking of all of you when I am up in the middle of the night with Mikey... :)I think that is 3:30am here -- ?
    I think Kelly looks more and more like Solana as she gets older. I definitely have seen that same excited look on Kelly's face -- about 6 weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tears in my eyes! These are some special pictures!!! I hope your ride is smooth and visit short to Michigan tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful that you get to ride with Chloe in the ambulance. I also thought the drive was 6 hours for some reason, so that just got cut in half, as well!

    Those pics are amazing! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. Solana's expression is priceless. I love you guys so much! I wish I could be there and be some sort of help.

    Hugs and kisses...and many prayers!

    -Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a glorious day to spend together as a family in preparation for a nerve-wracking trip. Solana is such a good big sister!

    You are in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow as you travel to Michigan. We pray that Chloe's eye clears and there is no need for surgery, but if that is not to be the case, then we ask for a steady hand from the surgeon and clean look at the area to be treated.

    Two formal prayers for you tonight:

    O God, our heavenly Father, whose glory fills the whole creation, and whose presence we find wherever we go: Preserve those who travel, in particular Chloe, Cyndi, Dave, and the ambulance crew; surround them with your loving care; protect them from every danger; and bring them in safety to their journey's end; through
    Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

    Strengthen your servant Chloe, O God, to do what she has to do and bear what she has to bear; that, accepting your healing gifts through the skill of surgeons and nurses, she may be restored to usefulness in your world with a thankful heart; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

    Blessings to you all,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cynthia,
    You are such a great writer - I love how you bring all of us into your lives by your words and pictures. I'm so grateful you have been blessed with a loving family that can help carry you through this intense time! I will be praying for Chloe as y'all head to Michigan.
    Love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great pictures! I'm so glad Solona got to see her little sister! I'll be thinking about you on your way to Michigan tomorrow. I'm sure you both will be home before you know it. Love ya

    ReplyDelete