Well, they checked Chloe's eyes again yesterday and her right eye continues to get better. This is great. But her left eye still has a lot of blood so they can't see what's going on in there. They're worried enough that they want to send Chloe to William Beaumont Hospital in Michigan. She'll probably leave tomorrow by ambulance and be seen on Monday. They'll do an ultrasound to try and get a better idea of what's going on in there before they decide to do a vitrectomy. The eye doctor seems to have the attitude that they'll do the surgery but there's a chance that they'll getter a better look with the ultrasound and decide they don't need to do the surgery. Please help us pray that this is what happens. We have all weekend! The doctor said her stay could be as short as a few days (if they decide she doesn't need surgery) or as long as a month (if they do the surgery).
Fortunately, my parents are coming to town tonight for a week so they can help out with Solana when Dave and I travel with Chloe. Thank God for them.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Cyndi,
ReplyDeleteHow not happy I am to see this during my morning blog check. I will be praying all weekend that this Michigan trip will be a quick one, and that the ultrasound will show the left eye is progressing just as the right. Prayers and fingers crossed!
Oh I hope this will be a trip to find out she doesn't need to stay there! But, if she does need to stay I know that you and your family will find the strength to work through this hurdle. I'll keep you all in my thoughts :)
ReplyDeletePraying for positive results- whether it's with or without the surgery. We've got to take care of our little girl!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that Mommy and Daddy are going to be there to help out. I'm sure they are more than happy to be able to help take some of the stress off! Everyone wants to help in any way sooo badly. I love you guys and I'm praying for you constantly.
-Leticia-
Oh, wow, not what I was hoping to read this morning. I am so sorry and am really praying that this is a fast, unnecessary trip to Michigan. How far is the drive? I read a little bit about what the vitrectomy and it sounds like something we'd all like Chloe to avoid. Hugs to you, praying for you and your brave little fighter.
ReplyDeleteMia and I will say a special prayer tonight. Let us know if we can help.
ReplyDeleteSo sad you guys are having to move, but I'm glad there is a good hospital with the skills to fix her up. We'll be praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could give you a big hug right now... my mom told me about the blog entry this morning... I will be praying too... so sorry that you are having to transplant up to Michigan! I'm so glad your mom and dad were on their way... God sure does plan things out, doesn't He? I would love to help out with anything you need... please let me know!!
ReplyDelete