Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 85 - ROP Continues

Today's eye exam didn't go as we had hoped. The ROP doesn't seem to care that they did laser surgery. It's continuing on. They started Chloe on some new eye drops. These are steroid drops that they say could possibly help to stop the ROP. They're going to try those until Wednesday or Thursday and if they don't work she may possibly need another laser surgery or maybe a more complicated surgery.

I didn't get to talk to the opthamologist but I believe that the more complicated surgery is vitrectomy. My nifty little brochure, "A Parents' Guide to Their Premature Baby's Eyes" tells me that, "If the retina detaches, removal of the vitreous (vitrectomy) and lens may be needed." I think this is a real possibility. In addition to the scariness of that - Chloe would be moved to Detroit for the surgery. As in Detroit, Michigan.

Nothing against Michigan. I just really really don't want to go there right now and for this reason.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for Chloe (and an extra Chloe prayer for her eyes), you Dave and Solana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're on our knees that the drops work miracles with God's hands. Love you lady.... all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that the ROP will stop on its own, and no trips to Michigan.

    ReplyDelete