Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My New Favorite Necklace

Solana and I had girls night tonight with my friend, Angela, and her two girls. We saw the Princess and the Frog and then went out for sushi. We had a fabulous time! Before the movie we had a little gift exchange. Angela gave me a gift that almost made me cry. It's my new favorite necklace and I'll probably wear it every day.

Before becoming the mother of an angel twin I could never have understood the range and power of conflicting emotions that I live with every day. I've read sad stories from other parents trying to find their way through their own emotions only to be hurt by family and friends who tell them to get over it or move on. I'm so glad I am surrounded by thoughtful and caring people. Even if they can't understand my feelings - they listen. And they have loving hearts.

I will always see Leila when I look at Chloe and Leila will always be part of our family. How Angela gets that I don't know but I am so thankful to have her as a friend.

5 comments:

  1. Awwww...that's such a sweet gift. I'm jealous that you get to know Angela in real life. She's a keeper :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely beautiful. What a blessing to have a friend who knows the PERFECT gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful necklace! And a friend who gets it, priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, That's beautiful! I'm so happy you have
    such an understanding friend! It makes it a little easier to be far away knowing you have someone that loves you around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, it's my turn to be almost crying... Cyndi, you are so special, and I'm so glad that we met at the library that day! I'm glad that the neclace was ok... I was really nervous that it might not be... I love Leila too and wanted her to know that we don't forget her... ok, now I am crying... we love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete