Can you tell I've been avoiding posts? I don't really know what to say because there's really not too much going on with Chloe. Her NG tube is back in. She's taking about 85% of her feeds by mouth every day. She's finishing her feeds for the most part but every once in a while she'll get tired and only take part of her feed so they just NG the rest (put it down her feeding tube). Fortunately, she hasn't had any more big episodes like the one she did a few days ago. They still think that was just a result of too much excitement/stimulation that day. They're not doing anything to prevent them in the future, per se, we're just watching her and giving her more time to grow and get stronger.
We've had some controversy over Chloe's bottles. The feeding therapist introduced the Dr. Brown bottle and then I brought the Breastflow. After a few days on the Breastflow the feeding therapist was really impressed with the bottle and how good Chloe's suck/swallow/breathe pattern was when she fed from it. In fact, she thanked me (and my SIL, Carol) for introducing it to her and is going to integrate the Breastflow bottle into her program. But Chloe was on the Breastflow when she had her big episode so some people think it might be problematic for her. The nurses have been going back and forth with the bottles and I've called for updates after every single feeding the last few days; trying to find a pattern. I've finally decided that the bottle makes no difference. Good feedings and bad feedings happen with both. So last night I finally declared that we will stick with the Breastflow. Switching back and forth can't be good for her.
Back at the homefront Dave, Solana, and I are all on antibiotics for sinus/secondary bacterial upper respiratory infections. We all caught an upper respiratory viral infection a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, enough snot stuck around to turn into sinus infections :-( What a Christmas!
Here's me looking at the bright side:
-It's a good thing Chloe's not her while we're all sick!
-We should feel better in a day or so since we're on antibiotics.
-Chloe's coasting around the same place. She's not getting apparently better but she's NOT getting worse.
-My mom is in the air on her way here and that's ALWAYS a good thing! (She'll go snuggle Chloe tomorrow while I'm still keeping my distance.)
-Dave and I will probably go to the movies this week - something we wouldn't do if Chloe was already home.
Sigh.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Way to focus on your silver linings ;) Love you! Hugs. And yes, the avoidance was TOTALLY obvious, but understandable :)
ReplyDeleteChloe is just letting you know she will do things in her own schedule....I recognize that attitude. Hope you all feel better. I just finished antibiotics for a sinus infection too and ended up with pink eye to finish off the misery. You are totally right, it's a good thing Chloe's not sharing those germs. Ugh, winter.
ReplyDeleteI love the end of your post. I can't imagine her being home while you all are sick. Mommy's happy to be there helping, too. I bet she'll be so happy to know she's going to get to go snuggle with Chloe. She thought she couldn't go if you and Dave didn't...
ReplyDeleteLove you!
-Leticia-
Sometimes it's like I'm reading my own posts from 2 years ago. I remember having the same issues with Olivia's bottles and trying to determine what is causing them. Olivia had reflux (well, still does) which further complicated things. I was praying that Chloe would be home by Christmas, but it seems that is a good thing that she wasn't since all of you are sick. Hope you all get to feeling better soon! God Bless!
ReplyDelete