Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 119 - Bottle

Chloe is:

119 days
17 weeks
almost 4 months
4lb 6oz

Working hard at the bottle. She's taken all of her feeds my mouth over the last two days with the exception of two. And those two were actually the fault of her nurse who put her bottle together incorrectly (ooooh, I was so mad!) yesterday. It's an annoying story that I don't want to write about but let's just say that that particular nurse has been added to the (very short) "you no longer have the privelege of caring for Chloe" list and we won't have to worry about her again.

Dave and I took the infant CPR course today. Chloe is finally substantial enough to get her two month vaccinations and may have actually gotten them already.

There's really not too much to report. We just need to see her take her feeds well for a few more days and she'll get the boot! Until then, Bottoms Up Chloe!

6 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness we're SOOOOO EXCITED!!! She is AMAZING!!! I can't wait to meet her and watch her grow. Now that we're out of school we have a bit more free time. Let me know if Solana can come play or if you need anything! LOTS OF LOVE!!!!! (and cont'd prayer of course!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I can't wait to meet Chloe and Solana soon! I'm so glad my work is taking me to Ohio!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to post about trying to use the shields to get nursing going again and saw that it's been tried...and worked! All of my kids used them...my first sounds like yours...I pumped for 7.5 months with him. Our second mastered nursing with the shield and used it till he was 2 months and then was fine. Cameron (our preemie) used them for about 5.5 months and then he suddenly was fine without them. Now he's almost 10 months old and still nursing up a storm!
    Good luck with this, it's such a challenge but at the same time, so minimal after all you've overcome.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours... and btw, I love the necklace. Wish I had such understanding friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your precious little one has come SUCH A LONNNNGGG WAY!
    I have prayed for Chloe and your family since I read your post on the TTTS site.
    I believe in MIRACLES.... and your daughter is proof of a TRUE MIRACLE!!!!!
    What a GREAT Christmas MIRACLE..... your baby WILL be home in time to celebrate it with you!
    I will continue for COMPLTE healig of Chloe's little body.... I too have a preemie and she has had issues arise after many month that were not there before... but is and has overcome most of them!
    GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such exciting news! It is going to be so perfect to finally have her home, where she belongs! Love you guys!!!

    -Leticia-

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAAAAY!!!! I'm so glad she's doing so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete