Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 110 - Single Mom-in' It

Chloe updates are pretty simple these days. I used to call the NICU and get a report full of all kinds of information. Now I call in and get a 10 second report. It's kind of weird. I find myself stalling on the phone with the nurses trying to think of something to ask or talk about. But Chloe's doing so well that there really isn't all that much to talk about.

She's slowly but surely getting better at eating. They're changing up the formula of her milk to something more palatable. Apparently, Elecare tastes really disgusting. They don't want to change it too quickly, though, and mess with her intestines. So there's still some Elecare in the mix. In addition, she's having endurance issues. Eating is a big job for such a small baby! She'll get there, though. They're feeding her a bottle every time she's awake for a feeding. And they've approved two breastfeeding sessions a day, too!

Unfortunately, Dave had to leave town for a work trip for six days so I'll only make it to the hospital once a day for the next several days. That's ok, though. He needed to get some extra time in work. They've been ridiculously generous with his time off and I'm very apreciative of that. Dave has been taking time off ever since we were diagnosed with TTTS back in July. He took me to all my doctor's appointments, surgeries in Columbus, time off when we lost Leila, for the birth, and all of Chloe's important procedures, trip to Michigan, etc. It's nice that he's able to do this one little extra thing for work. And fortunately, I am once again surrounded by incredibly generous friends who are offering to watch Solana. I have five babysitters lined up for the next six days (and only one of whom I'm paying - the teenager across the street:)!

Kim, Kathy, Ann, Dave, and Kelly - you are all my blessings this week and I am so thankful for you!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Great news, Cynthia! I can't wait for Chloe to be home. I wish we were all healthy enough to visit, but I'm taking NO chances...

    I'm so happy you have people to help you out. It's hard knowing you need the help, but live so far away. I'd be there in a heartbeat- you know that!

    I love you guys (and your new background, too)!

    -leticia-

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY CHLOE!! She is getting so big and is pushing to go home! Glad you had a good nurse who listed to Chloe - sometimes they get so caught up in the process and numbers they forget to listen to the bebe. :-)

    Pretty soon you'll be posting that you need a day off from Chloe and that will be a blessed day in it's own way. :-)

    Glad to hear all is going well and that you have a circle of support so close as you travel this road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have some good assistance in this crazy crazy time of your life. Wish I lived closer; I think our kids would hit it off famously! Sounds like Miss Chloe is making fantastic progress and I have a GREAT feeling about these next days!! I laughed when you said "I keep stalling on the phone, trying to think of things to ask." Isn't that a confusing and wonderful development! I knew EXACTLY what you meant! That 10-second report is so welcome and so.... weird :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting that she's doing so well that there's nothing to report! Go Chloe!
    Sophia is having a blast with Solana. I'm so glad for her to have someone to play with after school.

    ReplyDelete