Chloe is doing soooo well, you guys! She is growing, breathing, eating, pooping... It's great!
She's down to .5 liters on her nasal canula and she's doing really well on it. I don't think they'll be taking her off oxygen completely in the next day or anything but .5 liters is pretty darn good! Her bed temperature is pretty low. I forgot the temperature at which they start trying a crib but she must be pretty close. Her isolette doesn't even feel warm when I put my hands in there anymore! And here's the big one for me. She's nursing! They had told me they would start her on the bottle only but I asked yesterday and the nurse practitioner put in the order to let Chloe nurse once a day. And she's great at it! Her full feeding is 1 oz and she got over a half oz today before tiring out (we know because we weighed her before and after). But then after we weighed her she wanted to go in for more so I let her. I must say, hearing Chloe gulp while nursing made me downright giddy! She's being such a big girl!
And speaking of big girl. She's up to a whopping 3lb 11oz!
Chloe is 15 weeks (3 1/2 months) old today.
Tomorrow is her due date.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh my goodness! Who knew that a nursing baby could be SO exciting :D I look forward to the Chloe updates every day!
ReplyDeleteI was giddy to read this, I can imagine how you must feel. You are going to bring home a healthy baby girl in no time! Have they told you the minimum weight for discharge? I am SO happy for you about the nursing.
ReplyDeleteFANTASTIC!!! I have chills!! Sounds like SOMEONE is angling to go home in a stocking or something! Rock on, Chloe!
ReplyDeleteThis is so awesome! I'm sitting here reading this and am beaming- as if I didn't hear it straight from you on the phone! :o)
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to hear that Chloe's going home! Praying for her to keep on keepin' on!
Love you guys!
-Leticia-
I too have chills...ah these TTTS babes...they are so amazing. I remember Cameron's first non-nutritive nursing...when suddenly we realized by the gulping that I wasn't as empty as we thought and this baby that wasn't supposed to be able to nurse yet could!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to hear how well she's doing...what a great Christmas present you will have!!!
AWESOME! My preemies always did better nursing than from a bottle. The milk always dribbled out the side of their mouths when using a bottle, but never when nursing. One neonatologist told me that nursing is actually EASIER for preemies than bottle feeding despite most peoples' opinions. This is due to the latching on and more baby controlled flow. I am so happy to hear about Chloe's remarkable progress!
ReplyDelete