I don't have too much time to write. It's 7:30am and I need to get going to catch part of Chloe's 8am care. I get to help with diapers, thermometers, etc. these days if I'm around. Plus, I finally get to see her primary day nurse in action. I didn't request this woman. She just signed up for Chloe, which makes me nervous. I guess I'm going to "observe" her (for all you teacher-types).
She's up to full feeds. They tested my hindmilk again yesterday. Get this. 24.8 calories! Just call me Bessie. I only put out the premium stuff! They assume milk to be 20 calories and wanted to add fortifier to get her up to 24 or 25. Hmmmm.
The only other change is they reduced her breaths per min. to 28 to "test" her. All her blood gases have remained steady. CO2 is JUST under the max acceptable levels so they want to see if she can maintain. Prayers for her!
Love ya! Gotta run!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Great job, Bessie! Keep doing whatever it is you're doing! You're a human fortifier! :o)
ReplyDeleteLet me know how observations go. I hope this nurse knows what's going on!
Love you,
Leticia
I am praying that you have a similar primary nurse experience to ours. Daphne's primary was the most amazing person: 30-year NICU veteran, calm, loving, supportive...she knew Daphne almost as well as I did. Silly, but I miss her a lot and think of her all the time.
ReplyDelete