Chloe's still doing really well after surgery - thank God for these days! She's still getting some narcotics to take the edge off but they're really small doses and she doesn't seem to need it too often. She turned 7 weeks old today and tomorrow will mark 32 weeks gestation for her. She weighs 2lb 3oz. (She was up to 2lb 5oz about a week ago but seems to have lost a bit.) The contrast is still in the bottom part of her intestines. All she needs to do is pass it so they can do the upper GI contrast and then feed her! Seriously, though, our deep freezer is filling up with milk. We need some of it to start going into Chloe! Then she'll really start growing.
Yesterday was my kangaroo time with Chloe. I was nervous about how she would tolerate it but, of course, she did awesome. She was at 30% on her oxygen settings when I got there but then they gave her to me and her saturation rose to 100%. They finally had to lower her O2 settings to 21%! Yes, that's room air thank you very much. AND she was satting at 95% at that! Made me feel like a total rock star. Yes, she knows I'm her Mommy.
Today is Dave's turn at kangaroo care. As a matter of fact, he's there as I type. Chloe had her pressure setting reduced today but I'm sure she's showing off for her Daddy the same way she did yesterday for me!
Dave and I think that her PDA surgery will help Chloe turn a corner. She should have improved blood flow to her lungs and digestive system. We just know we'll start seeing improvement from all directions now. Let's pray that her intestines prove clear of obstruction so she can begin showing off her growing skills, as soon as possible!

Yesterday was my kangaroo time with Chloe. I was nervous about how she would tolerate it but, of course, she did awesome. She was at 30% on her oxygen settings when I got there but then they gave her to me and her saturation rose to 100%. They finally had to lower her O2 settings to 21%! Yes, that's room air thank you very much. AND she was satting at 95% at that! Made me feel like a total rock star. Yes, she knows I'm her Mommy.
Today is Dave's turn at kangaroo care. As a matter of fact, he's there as I type. Chloe had her pressure setting reduced today but I'm sure she's showing off for her Daddy the same way she did yesterday for me!
Dave and I think that her PDA surgery will help Chloe turn a corner. She should have improved blood flow to her lungs and digestive system. We just know we'll start seeing improvement from all directions now. Let's pray that her intestines prove clear of obstruction so she can begin showing off her growing skills, as soon as possible!




HECK YEAH!!! you go momma!!!! I'm so excited for her! I KNOW that's something you must worry about... her knowing YOU ARE HER MOMMY... but there's a special bond we have with our babies... they know. You probably made HER feel like a rock start when you held her close... sometimes you just need to be held by mommy.. you guys are awesome!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Dave... I think this surgery is a BIG turning point... now things can get what they need when they need it.
you guys looked so good today and it was BEYOND awesome to see you!!!! I've missed you all so very much..
Good for you! You bet she knows her Mama! I know that is the best feeling in the world! I'm Darbi's Mom by the way. Megan told me about you guys and about Chloe's PDA ligation. D had her (2nd - that's right.. I said 2nd) PDA ligation at 1 lb. 6 oz and did awesome. Right after, she started gaining weight and progressing like crazy! Great job with the pumping! I know it's tough but I stuck with it and I'm so glad I did. That is the BEST stuff for her!
ReplyDelete7 weeks, Cynthia? 32 weeks? Wow! That seems to have passed quickly... I love all the great news! Prayers for that contrast to pass! Love you guys.
ReplyDelete-Leticia-
Chloe is such the little diva! You bet she knows who mommy and daddy are... and demands their full attention :) It truly is amazing how by just simply holding her she is able to do so much better, she must feel so safe and snug. I am so happy that she is still chugging along.
ReplyDeletePrayers,
Jen
LOVE IT AND LOVE ALL OF YOU!THANK YOU LORD!!
ReplyDeleteGRAMMY
Thanks for updating with pics! Dave never gets any facetime! :o) I want to hear all about his experience... He's such a great daddy!
ReplyDelete-Leticia-
yeah he is!!
ReplyDeleteI saw this the other day and didn't have time to comment. I am so impressed with your husband doing kangaroo care. Justin has hospital phobias and was dealing with a lot of loss issues after we lost Dex, fearing the loss of Crew as well. Plus he's extremely reserved and HATES HATES HATES to be a spectacle and knew everyone in the NICU was waiting for the grand moment when Daddy held his baby for the first time. He didn't hold Crew until the evening that he came home from the hospital!! I could have knocked his block off a few times about it, but he dealt with his fear and grief differently. Now he just snuggles his little pumpkin endlessly and I love it. Justin wouldn't hold Crew in a blanket in the hospital; when I suggested the audacity of kangaroo care, he about had a stroke.
ReplyDeleteawwww!!! those pictures are awesome! :) I'm trying to get caught up on your blog today! :)
ReplyDelete