Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 65 - Problems with fortifier. Ugh

Well, it looks like Chloe's having problems with the fortifier they're adding to my milk, afterall. I'm not terribly surprised but definitely disappointed. Poor baby's belly is huge and distended. She has gas trapped in her belly and throughout her intestines. She also appears to have stopped digesting the milk based on the amount they pulled off her belly this afternoon. They stopped her feeds for tonight to give her a rest. I'll be on the phone tomorrow morning to see what their plan is. Fortunately, they hadn't removed her pic line because she's back on TPN for now.

Otherwise, she's about the same. Her oxygen setting is a bit lower, which is good.

More tomorrow...

6 comments:

  1. Mija,I'm praying for good news tomorrow.Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this, but am so very grateful that she doesn't need to have a new PIC line put in. I'll be praying for your littlest pumpkin!
    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayer coming your way!!!! I continue to pray for little Chloe everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe..man! I was hoping to not hear this news...
    It is good that she didn't have to have a new PIC line- I agree. I hope she's feeling better soon. Poor baby with gas pains! :o(

    Praying for a quick recovery. Love you..

    -Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh - that is so frustrating. Why can't they just let her grow slowly but surely on breast milk? Hope her tummy feels better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Cynthia,
    I'm with you and Miss Chloe.
    Love you,
    Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete