Well, Chloe's been doing so well with feedings that she's now getting her full feeds. In addition, her full feeds have increased form 7.5 to 8cc's per hour because she's gained weight. Chloe's now 1250 grams or 2pounds 12ounces. She's getting big!
We're having kangaroo care with her every day now and she seems to enjoy it. I'll do kangaroo care every day that I can and am soooo thankful to our friends Matt and Dana for watching Solana today. I couldn't have given Chloe her daily dose of Mommy medicine without them! Mmmmwah to the best former neighbors ever! :-)
Chloe's still having some electrolyte issues but they've started her on some medication for that. In addition, they've stopped the lasix and started her on two diuretic medications in hopes of helping her lungs. We're still at 30bpm and a pressure setting of 17 on her ventilator. I'm sure she'll have a huge improvement any day now!
Our NICU neighbor was sorting her little boy's clothes yesterday and upon chatting with her she was shocked that I hadn't yet stocked up on premie clothes. In all honesty, I think I was too scared of losing Chloe to go clothing shopping for her. After speaking with this mom, though, I realized I'm not of that frame of mind anymore. I think now we're just focused on getting her growing and healthy. What a wonderful feeling! Praise God for this gift. Now, if you'll excuse me I have some internet shopping to do!
Love to you all.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




All right, Chloe! She is certainly packing on the ounces :) I can't wait to see her in her new wardrobe, I'm sure she will be simply adorable!
ReplyDeleteHugs and Prayers,
Jen
Just wanted to let you know I understand you're feeding concerns. I was mortified to have to dump my colostrum...I am a bit of a cow so I had tons and it was time for him to be on higher calorie milk. The colostrum is also only affective to a point (so they told me) and then the extra calories outweighs the benefits. The human milk fortifier made his poop stink and made him super gassy...just warning you LOL!
ReplyDeleteWe stayed on fortifier forever...months after discharge. I finally got to stop pumping and go only nursing when he was 3 months corrected. Admittedly I often wondered how I would have done it if I'd been feeding them both....ah the what if's...
Excuse me...I am off to do some internet shopping, too! I've been waiting for the "go ahead" and now intend to start spoiling Chloe! Woohoo!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!
-Leticia-
Can't wait to see the fancy gal!!!
ReplyDelete