Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 54 - Good news

Look at how freakin' cute I am!!!!

Good new abounds in Chloeland!!! The opthamologist examined Chloe's eyes yesterday and said they look perfectly normal. There's no scar tissue and no abnormalties! Plus, her upper GI contrast has ALREADY made it through her small intestines and is in her colon. Go Chloe! Go Chloe! Get busy! Get to it! No surgery! They're starting her on a pedialyte drip today to get her belly working on something easy first (the surgeons like to do this for babies who have had belly problems) and will start milk tomorrow.
Thanks be to God. I have faith she's going to do much better digesting this time. I know I've said this before but I want to thank you all again for your wonderful prayers and words of encouragement. And thanks to all of your premie parents out there who posted your own blogs. It's great to read your blogs and see that your babies once struggled with some of the same problems as Chloe and are doing well now. I only wish I had more time to read!
Chloe got a new neighbor. She's an identical twin named (get this)...Chloe. She's a little bigger and her twin is already home (thank goodness). Weird, though, huh? I didn't know Chloe was THAT popular!

14 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC news!!!!!!! I am so happy and I know you will sleep much better tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE GOD!!!!

    - robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first photo of all of her hair- I love it! I just want to kiss her gorgeous cheeks. I'm so happy that she is still chuggin' away and that you are doing well.
    As always, hugs and prayers,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those big eyes! As if I weren't already in love... I'm loving this! Tons of great news! Now let's get some Graham rolls on little Chloe!!!! Muuuwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture! She is beautiful. Way to go Chloe. Lots of love and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful news...we'll continue praying for Chloe! I wanted to do the running man with your "Go Chloe" song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome news on the eyes! Isn't it a wonderful feeling to know lasers won't be getting anywhere near her beautiful eyes! She has so much hair! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cynthia,

    I am so overjoyed for you. Chloe is precious.

    I love you.
    Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. My, what beautiful, perfect eyes you have Cloe! Glad to hear the good news.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Slow and steady wins the race. Chloe knows what her limits are and she continues to move forward, even if it isn't at the speed everyone wants, it *is* forward. :-) Hope today brings more good news and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beauty! Way more hair than her little cousin ~
    Keep up the good work Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the picture! She's so much bigger looking than last time I looked at your blog! By the way, we have a fiesty Chloe too! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY GOODNESS!! she looks so different!! she's so big!!!

    ReplyDelete