Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 50 - Quiet Day

Yet another quiet day in Chloeland. She's getting Zantac for some possible stomach stress (they were pulling really dark liquid out of her stomach). Things seem to be clearing up there. She's handling her ventilator weanings really well. She's down to 18 breaths per minute and 18 pressure. It seems like both those settings are getting fairly close to minimum settings on the ventilator. If she keeps this up they'll finally be able to take that tube out of her throat and I KNOW she'll LOVE that! She gags on it and fights with it pretty regularly - I can't imagine having a big ol' tube down my throat for 7 weeks! Go Chloe Go! Go Chloe Go! Let's get that tube outta there! The only thing "new" going on are her eye exams. The opthamologist saw some "irregularities" in her eye but rated her a "Stage 0" for retinopothy. I think this is good since stage 1 is the mildest form of ROP (a disease of the eye common to premies) but the Resident assigned to Chloe couldn't really tell me much more. She needs to talk to the opthamologist to get more details for me. Hopefully, this will be one place where Chloe doesn't have to undergo any more procedures. She's at high risk for retinopothy so it's unlikely but we can hope, right?

Dave spent around 3 or 4 hours working in the yard yesterday and, as a result, ended up with gasoline smell all over his hands from the lawnmower. I felt kind of bad because he decided he was too stinky to go visit Chloe in the evening. So, after some long and thoughtful consideration (yeah right), I decided to take his evening kangaroo time for him. :-) They're letting us hold her once a day. I couldn't let it go to waste, right? Anyway, she spent another wonderful hour and 45 minutes on my chest last night. COMPLETELY konked out! Chloe loves some kangaroo time, that's for sure! Maybe as much as I do?

They finally decided to give her a glycerin suppository yesterday and had some quick results. Hopefully, she finally pooped out the last of that contrast so they can do the upper GI contrast today. Let's keep praying for a clear pathway so we can finally get some food into this baby!

I don't have any new pictures of Chloe, so I thought I'd share her sister with you. She's a doll, too. Here's Solana enjoying some of her daddy's work yesterday.


9 comments:

  1. Wow..You and I are soooo on the same wavelength. I was seriously about to put in a request for some Solana pics. I guess it was your remark on Mia's pic that made me think of it. So...THANK YOU! I miss my little Solana...

    I'm happy everything is still sounding on the "up". I didn't realize you were up to 1hr.45min. on Kangaroo time. I'm betting Chloe might possibily love it even more than you. Can you imagine the sense of security that brings her? Something only you and Dave can give her.

    I love you...Kisses and hugs to everyone!

    -Leticia-
    AKA: Aunt Lala!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW- You MUST, I repeat MUST frame these and hang them side by side! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Chloe! FYI, my Daphne developed ROP, and it got as far as stage 2, but it regressed on its own. Hopefully Chloe's won't even reach that stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Angel Face... she looks like she's having a BLAST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like Solana is a BIG help :P I'm so glad you were able to cuddle with your precious Chloe, you all have come so far. Keep it up, Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly says, "I want to find her and do that with her!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fingers crossed that you dodge the ROP bullet!! We got to stage two as well, but it regressed on its own. Solana is just adorable! Thanks for posting pics of the big sister! I bet Chloe is loving that deeeeeep coma sleep she is getting snuggling up on you! Grow, baby, grow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Solana is so pretty!! Looks like she's having a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete