Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 47 - Recovering from Surgery

Chloe had a pretty quiet day today. They didn't make any changes on her respirator. She's resting and recovering from her surgery. Her contrast is still making its way out. It seems like it should have been passed by now but nobody seems worried about it. I'm told they'll probably do the upper GI contrast study at the beginning of next week. Until then - healing time...

Solana picked an interesting book for bedtime tonight. Here's a passage that really hit home. I'll try to keep this in mind when I feel particularly whiny:
When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour and blue,
when you start to get mad...
you should do what I do!
Just tell yourself, Duckie,
you're really quite lucky!
Some people are much more...
oh, ever so much more...
oh, muchly much-much more
unlucky than you!

From "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?" by Dr. Seuss

6 comments:

  1. I need to remember that too.

    So glad Chloe is healing well. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to stay positive, it really helps when things get tough.
    Sometimes it can seem like forever for our little ones to pass something or to wake up, but they just take their time. Ava took 3 days to come out of her anesthesia, but no one seemed worried. It's hard not to worry as a mom, I think it is somewhere in our job description :P You're little girl is truly amazing and has already shown incredible strength and will-power. I would hate to be the one to tell her "no" when she gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to lucky, quiet, boring, uneventful NICU days of healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you many more boring, quiet days. Good girl, Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Seuss really knows how to say things, doesn't he?! I love that book!

    ReplyDelete