The surgery went really well this morning. From the time they made the incision to the time the surgeon came out to see us was only 25 minutes! I'm pretty sure I wasn't holding my breath when he spoke to us but as soon as he walked away I exhaled a huge sigh of relief (figuratively AND literally)!
There were no complications, no blood loss, etc. and he put two clamps in her to close the PDA. She's been pretty sleepy all day. They're giving her some narcotic pain medicine to keep her comfortable. Her respiration seems good. Now we need to wait for her to recover and finish moving the contrast out of her body so they can do the next contrast study and get those feedings started.
Thank you all for your prayers and messages. Your love and support really does help me get through the day and means a lot! And I know Chloe can feel all your love flowing straight into her isolette each and every time you think of her!
Love to you all,
Cyndi
P.S. Dave and I are really missing our private room at Miami Valley. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the couple right next to us wasn't caughing all the time! The nurse said it had been addressed and they've been screened. It's only "smoker's cough" but geez people! (Sorry - I just had to vent...)
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'm praying and will let other people know to pray too... ((hugs))
ReplyDeletepraying angel face - let me know if you need me for ANYTHING
ReplyDeleteMay God Bless the Dr. & Chloe now during surgery.
ReplyDeletePraying for God's guidance in this surgery. Praying for you, Dave and Chloe.
ReplyDeleteHopefully they are done now and you are by Chloe's side. You're little girl is a trooper. I hope the rest of the family is hanging in there, I know it has been a rough ride.
ReplyDeletePrayers,
Jen
Hugs and prayers. I hope all went well and smooth this morning.
ReplyDeleteWhoohoo! God is good! I am so glad to here that Chloe did so well and that her pain is being managed.
ReplyDeleteI completely understand about the smoker's cough! When Ava was in I had a family member who wanted to visit her and I said absolutely not. With everything going on, the last thing I wanted was to expose her to 3rd hand smoke (call me paranoid). If you push hard enough, you can have Chloe's isolette moved. I'm sure she can't even tell, but still, how obnoxious must it be for her to be disturbed while she is supposed to be resting. On a side note, today I was out and saw a mom smoking while carrying her baby that looked to only be about 6 months old, grrrr.
Anyway, I'm so glad you can breathe again!
Jen
Great update! I'm sure you're ready for your private room, but I bet you're just as happy to have had her at the right hospital at the right time! Amazing how things work out...
ReplyDeleteYou had my entire school praying for you guys today. Everywhere I walked, people asked about Chloe and sent their love!!
-Leticia-
Cynthia, we are all with you in this journey. Prayers, love and kisses to you, Dave, Solana and your 'Angel Chloe". God is good.
ReplyDeleteMay God bless and keep Chloe strong and stronger each day.
Aunt Laura
Glad everything went well today. It was good talking to you yesterday.
ReplyDeleteGreat news! Our whole family is keeping you in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteExcellent! I'm so happy to hear this!!!! Yay, Chloe!! This is a great thing to have behind her, phew!!! So glad it went so smoothly; I know you'll sleep a lot better tonight than last night! Sweet dreams, mommy!
ReplyDeleteSo does your entire body totally tense up right to the hair follicles every time the neighbors cough?
I just posted to my blog a wee little poem that I found on a twin-loss message board. I thought you might like it:
"Every good and perfect gift comes from above;
We are blessed with twins to cherish and love,
Born together to grow apart,
One in our hands and one in our heart."
Yaya on a good uneventful surgery! That's great news! Lots of love and thankful prayers!
ReplyDeleteMere, Parker & family
Great news & I will continue praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteToni Salazar
Kaiser Elementary
Clinic
Praise GOD!!!! I have been praying for Chloe and your family. I pray for COMPLETE HEALING.
ReplyDeleteEven when you are not able to be there REMEMBER that Chloe will ALWAYS have a angel by her side.
I had to remind myself of this when I would have to go home from seeing my surviving twin in the NICU.
It is a very long road.... you are so right about that.
My daughter has been home for almost 1 year from the NICU. And this experience has made me so GREATFUL for every second of every day.
Keep your faith and spirits high!