Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 45 - PDA

I don't even know what to write. I feel like I've been emotionally beat up like an old punching bag. They said the NICU would be a hard ride, a roller coaster, a long and difficult road. They really weren't exaggerating. Yesterday felt so good. Today feels just as bad.

Out of the blue...Chloe's PDA is "huge." She needs surgery on her heart. It will be tomorrow or the day after. Want to explain it...can't now.

6 comments:

  1. Cyndi,

    I am so, so sorry to hear about Chloe's heart. My sister was born with the same condition and had several surgeries to correct it before she was 6 months old. She is now a very healthy 18 year old girl and her favorite thing to do is drive my mom nuts. I'm telling you this because I want you to feel encouraged. Chloe is a very strong little girl.

    It is just so ....unfair! I hate that your beautiful little girl has had to fight so much so soon. I will be praying for all of you and most of all for Chloe's heart. I know you all must be terrified. Don't worry about explaining anything at all, no one has stopped praying for Chloe and we will continue to keep her in our prayers:

    Dear Lord:
    Please be with Chloe and keep her safe during her surgery. Please help the doctor's to have steady hands and success in repairing Chloe's perfect heart. Please take some of the worry from her parents and to give them peace. Please be with Solana also, as this has been rough on her too. I trust in You.
    In Your Name,
    Amen

    Hugs and MANY prayers,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jen... you spoke for my heart as well.
    Cyndi,
    we're praying for you honey... and we're crying out in prayer for Chole... and her doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time commenting on your blog. I have been reading for a week now and am captivated by your story. My son was born eight years ago at 25 weeks and had to have PDA. Although they informed me it was fairly routine in preemies, I was terrified. Sure enough, it was a pretty easy surgery and the recovery is super quick. He still shows off his scar to this day! I will be praying for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll keep praying and THIS WILL BE OK. At the children's hospital here, our friend Darbi had this procedure done when she was 1.5 pounds and it wasn't even in an operating room. It was just done at the bedside as standard procedure. Of COURSE it's still so scary (it's her HEART, for pete's sake!!!!) but this is VERY VERY common and she will do GREAT. Of course, I don't have all the details, but what I'm guessing is that it's of the normal (if huge) variety. Darbi needed two clips because hers was so big. You are ALL in my prayers to deal with this terribly stressful news. It's incredible how intense that roller coaster is. Two minutes ago I was crying because you got to hold your little kitty and now I'm crying because I'm so frustrated for you all. Which, of course doesn't even touch the intensity of your emotions. I just can't help but think the Lord will surely send one special sister to stand with his legions of protecting angels over the course of the next few days while this plays out. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have faith in the doctors taking care of Chloe.
    There's a reason she's having this now rather than 5 weeks ago! I'm praying just as hard as ever. I love you!!!
    -Leticia-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Heavenly Father, Please be with Chloe through this surgery. Stay close and protect her and keep her safe. Be with the Doctors and Nurses. Help them have steady hands and do their very best. Put your arms around Cyndi, Dave and Solana. Help them feel your peace. In Jesus' name I pray.

    I'm so sorry you are having to ride this rollercoaster through the NICU! I have never stoped praying for Chloe, you, Dave and Solana. Chloe is such an amazing fighter. God's timing is perfect, Cyndi, and like Leticia said, there is a reason she is having this procedure now and in Children's Hospital.

    God bless you all,

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete