My second stop was to call to check up on Chloe and this is what I found: Feedings every three hours were too much for her system because they started pulling up milk and decided to stop feedings. Yikes! Needless to say I didn't get right back to sleep. I had a bit of worrying and praying to do...
But during rounds today the doctor decided to start feedings every six hours again and administer a glycerine enema. The hope is that, if her system is just slow, the enema will get her system "moving." It produced a big meconium movement right away and another smaller one at 6pm. We're really hoping that this helps because they also pulled up some milk during her 6pm feeding. We still don't know if there's an obstruction in her intestines. If only this milk will get digesting so that we can determine there isn't one...
Please pray for Chloe.
You can see that her belly looks really distended here. This is partially because of her dilated bowels but also because of her enlarged liver - enlarged because of the IV nutrition she's been on for 5 weeks. She's up to 2lbs 5oz now. And look at those beautiful eyes. This picture was taken right after a sponge bath.




Oh my gosh! She is adorable. She already has the "Do you mind, I'm naked, here!" look mastered. She is so precious.
ReplyDelete"Oh Chloe,you just took my breath away!You are so beautiful and I love you so much!"
ReplyDelete"Dear Lord,I give You thanks and praise for our precious baby girl."
God Bless You!
Grammy
I love this picture! She looks so beautiful with those eyes wide open like that! She's always on my mind...my adorable little niece!
ReplyDelete-Leticia-
awww, she's SO cute!!!!
ReplyDelete