I decided to quit pumping when Chloe turns one and have spent the past month slowly transitioning her to formula. She's down to one breastmilk bottle a day this week. I calculated that I'll get back two hours a day when I do that - reducing Chloe-feeding-related activities from five to three hours a day!
This is my last week pumping. Is it wrong that I'm more excited about quitting pumping than I am about Chloe turning 1 year old? ;-)
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I stumbled upon your blog today and read EVERY entry in a matter of hours. I was so compelled to hear you tell your story. You are no doubt an inspiration and ray of hope to other mothers just beginning their journeys with preemies and micro preemies. My son was born with a heart defect that we were told may/may not need open heart surgery. He was only 5lbs 12oz when he was born and I didn't touch his head for TWO whole months because he seemed so fragile. His heart is fine. He didn't need surgery and he is a healthy 10 month old. But when we were going to his cardiologist at the children's hospital, I had so much admiration for strong moms, like you, who were going through much more horrific situations than we were. It really put things into perspective for me and still does when I think about it. Please continue to tell your story and I'm so glad you have your beautiful baby Chloe!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you made it this long. You're my hero.
ReplyDeleteTrudy - I'm touched by your message. Thank you ang God bless you and your family - especially your son :-)
ReplyDelete