Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chloe's Birthday



Chloe turned 1 year old on Monday! It's now Saturday and I can still hardly believe it. Dave asked me if it felt like a long year or a fast year and I immediately answered, "BOTH." He agreed.

We celebrated our littlest princess at home - just the four of us. I wasn't sure what to do about the cake. Usually, babies get to smash a piece of cake around on the first birthday but there's now way I was about to give cake to Chloe. She's not getting cow's milk, yet, and she's still only getting pureed food. I felt kind of guilty about eating cake that she couldn't enjoy but finally decided she needed a cake picture for her birthday book (at least that was my excuse for making a yummy cake :-) It was chocolate buttermilk with cream cheese icing and tasted better than it looked. (While I claim to have many talents, cake decorating is NOT among them.) Solana and I whipped it up together and Chloe watched from her exersaucer.




Dave came home with a huge balloon and new toys for Chloe and we ended the celebration playing in the backyard. Our neighbors even came over to the fence and sang Happy Birthday to Chloe. It was very sweet!



And just in case you're wondering - we decided to celebrate Leila's angel day on the 11th - the day she went back to heaven - and to keep the 23rd just about Chloe. It seems that all the families with single-survivor twins do it differently. Many celebrate both twins on their shared birthday but, since Leila left us almost two weeks before they were born, we decided to give each of our girls their own special day.

2 comments:

  1. Im glad she had a good birthday, shes just so smiley!...Hope we can schedule another date to see you guys!...lol i just noticed how small Ayden & chloe are in our profile pics too...they are like double or triple that size now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, little princess!

    Yeah, I think I would probably do the same if I were in your shoes. No way around our situation, losing Dex the same day! Maybe even the same hour.... we'll never know.

    So, has your husband bought a shot gut yet? He's going to need to make that investment before Solana becomes of dating eligibility. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete