Solana turned 5 in April. She chose a butterfly theme for her party. I only took a few pictures since I was running around like crazy during the party and they were all crappy. Most of these were taken by Angela, whose two butterflies joined the party, as well.
I made the cake. It was totally easy (parenting.com) but I'm still proud of it. :-)

The girls decorated their own wings and had their faces painted to look like butterflies.
We had a scavenger hunt. The clues were photographs hidden in various pieces of furniture. The photograph showed the next piece of furniture they needed to search. They ran screaming back and forth through the house going from one clue to the next. They loved it and found their goodie bags at the end. The only rule was that they couldn't scream near the master bdrm, where my friend, Kim, was rocking Chloe to sleep :-)

The girls decorated their own wings and had their faces painted to look like butterflies.
We had a scavenger hunt. The clues were photographs hidden in various pieces of furniture. The photograph showed the next piece of furniture they needed to search. They ran screaming back and forth through the house going from one clue to the next. They loved it and found their goodie bags at the end. The only rule was that they couldn't scream near the master bdrm, where my friend, Kim, was rocking Chloe to sleep :-)
Swarming the pinata candy. I didn't know butterflies swarmed...?

After a long day of partying! Turns out Solana's friend next door is only 4 days older than Solana. Their parties were on the same day so they went from Solana's party straight to hers. Whew!

Her actual birthday was on Tuesday. She woke up to birthday pancakes. I stole this idea from a friend on facebook and just added pink food coloring - think it might become a tradition.

Chloe update in the works!

After a long day of partying! Turns out Solana's friend next door is only 4 days older than Solana. Their parties were on the same day so they went from Solana's party straight to hers. Whew!
Her actual birthday was on Tuesday. She woke up to birthday pancakes. I stole this idea from a friend on facebook and just added pink food coloring - think it might become a tradition.
Chloe update in the works!






Mija,you can now add party planner to your list of accomplishments.Everything looked awesome,especially the cake!!My sweet little butterfly looks as though she had the time of her life!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Happy birthday, Solana!! The cake turned out beautiful and I LOVE your hunt idea for pics of the different piece of furniture. BRILLIANT!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like they had a blast! The scavenger hunt idea is EXCELLENT! I'll have to remember that one! and you did GREAT on the cake!
ReplyDeletesqueeze your girls for us!
I should note that Dave purchased and set up ALL the decorations. Birthdayinabox.com, baby!
ReplyDeleteI was in charge of the cake and activities.
ADORABLE!!!! Genius idea! I love the "swarming" picture. Girls and candy! YUMMMM!
ReplyDelete