I woke up at 3am and heard Solana sobbing from her bedroom. I jumped up and ran over. I thought she was asleep and crying so I just started rubbing her back and stroking her hair and face. She was awake, though. Through her sobs she told me that she had a bad dream. Chloe fell off a cliff and went to heaven. I was floored. Little kids have dreams about dieing? All I could do was comfort her and hug her. I told her Chloe is just fine and sleeping in my room and it was only a dream. She calmed down and was able to go back to sleep. I worried about her the next morning, though.
Fortunately, I have Leticia. I called her and asked what to do. She suggested that I help Solana make up an alternate (happy) ending to her dream and that might make her feel better. When Solana woke up I asked her if she remembered me coming into her room. She did but said her dream was too sad to talk about. "How do you know your dream was sad" I asked. "Did you see what happened after Chloe fell off the cliff?" I knew I was walking on thin ice here. If she gave the wrong answer I was kind of hard pressed to pursue Leticia's idea.
"Well, no. The dream was too sad when she fell so I ended it and woke up and just...started crying." Thank you God!
"Well, maybe something good happened after you stopped your dream...? I think maybe she landed on a puffy cloud that carried her to the hospital and everyone at the hospital knows Chloe so they called us right away to come and get her." Solana said that Chloe WAS in her little bouncy chair. She got into it and decided that Chloe and her chair fell onto our car as we were driving by. (not sure why we were driving by as Chloe sat in her chair on top of a cliff but I didn't dwell on details...)We felt a bump and stopped to check it out. Voila! Chloe on top of our car safe and sound! WHEW! Solana felt oh so much better after that. In fact, she was cheering at her happy ending.
I feel so much better after that. THANK...YOU...LETICIA...
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




OH wow. Great advice, Leticia!! Great job, mommy!!
ReplyDelete