We just had our first unwelcome (attempted) touch. Solana, Chloe, and I were leaving the hospital after Chloe's eye exam when I decided to stop at the bathroom to change her diaper. I was carrying Chloe and Solana was pushing the stroller. A lady followed us in and I was on high alert as she looked at Chloe. She said, "How cute" and simultaneously reached for Chloe's exposed hand. I did my best Ninja imitation and swiveled away causing her to barely miss Chloe's hand. Her hand dropped - rejected. I tried to act like I was going for a paper towel but it was totally obvious I didn't want her to touch Chloe. The lady used the toilet and then, as I was still changing Chloe, scurried out of the bathroom WITHOUT WASHING HER HANDS!!!!
I felt soooo justified in my earlier rudeness! I explained what just happened to Solana and she was thoroughly appalled. "Gross! That lady has bad manners!" That's right, Solana.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hey Cynthia,
ReplyDeleteIts me Myla..you are so right in shielding your child. I dont know why people feel its ok to reach for a child that is a stranger to them. I had this lady that worked in Sams take my daughter out my husbands hands when she was like 6 months and still had her gloves on. I threw a fit!! And she acted like I was at fault. Keep being a great mommy..i love it!!
I love you! I just laughed out loud so hard... I can see your face and hear your voice in this post!
ReplyDeleteGOOD FOR YOU! I was also so STUNNED that I never reacted quite quickly enough. Someone once reached INTO MY SLING as I was pushing my grocery cart in the opposite direction. "Are you trying to touch my premature baby or feel me up??" Either way, HANDS OFF!!!!
ReplyDelete