Sunday, May 9, 2010

Contact Lens

Chloe got her contact lens yesterday morning! She wore it all day and I swear I can tell that she sees better. I'm so excited for her to finally have vision in her left eye!


It's kind of difficult to get it in and out (she screams and kicks and squeezes her eyes shut) but it's sooooo worth it! She was happy and smiley all day long. I'm still giving Chloe two drops a day of her post-surgery eye drops. Next week she'll be down to one drop per day. The contact has to come in and out every day while she's on the drops. But once we completely wean her off the eye drops I can leave the contact in for five days.

Update 1: I wrote this post Thursday. It's now Friday and I put Chloe's contact in this morning. She didn't even make a sound. Such a trooper! I love her!

Update 2: It's now Monday and I still haven't published this post. I'm soooo lame! Chloe's doing great with the contact except that she popped it out twice today while I was making dinner. Fortunately, she was in her swing and I found the contact stuck to her cheek both times. At $250 a pop I don't really want to lose these things!!!


3 comments:

  1. Chloe looks absolutely adorable!!I so want to hold her and love on her!So happy to hear that she's doing so well. Give her extra kisses from her grammy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic that she is doing so much better with it. I can't believe she has already adjusted to the process, I'm SO impressed! How does she pop it out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy. All she has to do is rub on her eye a bit to loosen it. If her eyes are dry it can pop right out. I'm trying some eye drops to keep it moist. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete