Chloe had her developmental clinic yesterday. I was annoyed for a number of reasons when I got there and felt like we were wasting our time seeing yet another physician to assess Chloe's development. In the end I was satisfied. The State program called, Help Me Grow, already sends a Physical and an Occupational Therapist to our house and we have an Early Intervention Specialist involved with Chloe. This physician had a little bit of a different perspective on the same thing. I guess we'll continue to follow-up with her. Doesn't hurt too much to have somone else on her case. Plus, she only wants to see Chloe twice a year. We can skip cold and flu season so as not to expose Chloe more than necessary.
She was pleased with what she saw and puts Chloe at about three months developmentally. She's not concerned, though, and thinks Chloe will catch up soon enough. She had a lot to overcome at the beginning and her recent vision issues and surgery probably put her behind further. Nothing that she shouldn't overcome. The PT and OT both put Chloe in the 5-6 month range for most areas. I'm not surprised at the discrepancy and it's not all that important to me. I'm definitely seeing her improve every day and expect more now that she has vision in her left eye.
Speaking of vision...the little squirt popped out her contact AGAIN last night. We've now lost it three times. Found it twice after extensive searching - once on her back and once on the floor almost under the bed. The third time was the charm. It's gone. We went this morning to get another one. We're getting better, though. I'm putting rewetting drops in her eye all the time and I think that helps keep them in. Unfortunately, these lenses are our only option right now. The vision center is working to get a different type of lens - gas permeable, I think. Those should be a tad less expensive and better for Chloe's eye. They should have them in 3 months or so.
Chloe's doing great. She's so sweet and usually happy these days. No more constant crying fits like she had when we first brought her home. She's getting stronger, more talented, and beautiful every day. We're in love. It's a gorgeous day outside! Can you tell?
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Yay, Chloe!!!! I know what you mean about listening to yet another physician give their opinion on your babe. It's... a complicated reaction to WHATEVER they have to say, don't you think, as a mother?
ReplyDeleteUgh, I hate developmental appointments- they drive me nuts. I think Chloe is doing amazingly well and she's getting cuter everyday!
ReplyDelete