Chloe put on 36 grams yesterday - the first day she was allowed to be a big girl and control her own feeding schedule. 36 grams may not seem like a lot but it's a pretty good amount for Chloe. She gained 8 grams the night before and didn't gain anything for 5 days before that. As it turns out, she's really hungry around dinner time and likes to sleep more at night. I'm sure not complaining! She's now 5lb 10.5oz. As my friend, Bev, says, "Praises!"
I can't wait to visit Chloe during Solana's Pre-K today. She's usually super alert during the day for me. I only got to visit her yesterday evening and she was fighting sleep really hard. She finally lost her battle and pretty much snoozed the whole time I was there. She's gorgeous when she sleeps so I'm certainly not complaining but I do love those eyes! Besides, I was simultaneously enjoying her beauty and cracking up at the dad who seemed to be participating in a log sawing contest a couple of bed spaces away. Everyone was laughing at him, poor guy. If only his wife had been there to kick him in shin... Hehe.
By the way, I've completely given up on being cool about Chloe's "eviction."
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




LMAO of Cindy...Geoff (my hubby) brought people from the back of the NICU up to the isolation room Cameron was in at the front during a 'chainsaw' marathon one night when was doing kangaroo care. I missed the whole thing as I was busy playing 'cow'!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad things are going so well....look out Solana, your about to be ousted as the princess of the house!!!
So glad Chloe is packin' on the grams. It's funny how once you get your baby home you are counting down the days until they sleep through the night but before they leave the NICU they get worried about stuff like that. It's all perspective I guess. :-)
ReplyDeleteHopefully the weekend goes well and Chloe will be bundled up and ready to go next week.
lol! That's so funny!
ReplyDelete36 grams is amazing! Have you ever fallen asleep at the NICU? I never could, and never saw another woman sleeping. Lots of dads did, though.... I was always too aware of all the sounds, sights and smells. If D slept, I would stare at the monitors or chit chat with the nurses.
ReplyDeleteHope to hear good news on Monday!
Give that BIG girl a big smooch from us!
ReplyDeleteYeah that sucks you miss her being awake... but somehow your husband manages to have her brighteyed and ready to go each time hes there! Ask him what his trick is!...
ReplyDeleteIm so glad shes gainin weight on her own schedule!...You will be bringing your precious lil girl home in no time!
Yeah so when u left that night...that guys wife came in and let him continue to be loud...their lil boy tried to wake him but to no avail...lol
36 grams sounds WONDERFUL to me! I hope she has continued through the weekend and that this week is awesome. We never talked about going home in the NICU. Everyone always called it "going on a picnic" because i tended to jinx things less :)
ReplyDelete