You'll never believe what Chloe did yesterday. I didn't see it so I'm not 100% sure that I believe it but three nurses swear that Chloe rolled herself from her stomach to her back twice. I'm not sure when she's supposed to do that but it seems kind of early for her to be doing tricks. They kept coming by yesterday and asking if I'd seen her new trick but I was there on a feeding mission and didn't have time to try it. They said she'd lift up her little hiney and waggle it around, get mad, then flip over! I'm sure it was spectacularly cute and hope she's in a performing mood today. I'm emptying my camera memory card just in case :-)
She actually had a pretty good day yesterday. She finished most of her bottles and the chicken-bone coughs she usually does were non-existent.
I've learned a few things in the last couple of days, too. On Friday night I tried feeding Chloe and she kept pushing the bottle out with her tongue. I thought maybe she needed to burp (even though she'd only taken 7cc's) but then she started falling asleep. Betty had finished her shift at 7pm and was off to the side charting for a couple of hours. She walked by on her way out the door, saw that Chloe wasn't eating (after a 100% success rate that day), and said, "Oh no [as in, I don't THINK so.]" She put her bag down and sat down to feed Chloe and show me some preemie feeding techniques. As it turns out, feeding a "difficult eater" preemie is a lot more complicated than feeding a full-term baby. As I sat there watching Betty feed Chloe I was simultaneously fascinated, focused on learning, grateful, and humbled. She learned these techniques at a feeding conference and they're certainly not intuitive so I don't feel badly about needing a lesson. But I couldn't help but feeling just a teensy bit stupid. Chloe took her entire bottle for Betty - yeah! Then her day nurse on Saturday mentioned "chin and cheek support." I came in for another lesson. She quickly showed me chin and cheek support (which I mastered with ease) and Chloe proceeded to finish her entire bottle. I asked for more because she still seemed hungry and she took an extra 30cc's!
Right now she's doing a great job taking her feeds and everything seems to be going well.
Someone's outgrowing her preemie clothes! I LOVE this outfit!
Mommy's feeling proud of her little princess. Chloe just finished her bottle!




Those are the CUTEST hiccups EVER!!!!! I'm so happy she's eating like a piggy now. What a great sign that she will be coming home soon. Maybe we will both be bringing home our new babies at the same time...that would be really neat :D My due date isn't for another month though so I hope you guys beat us home!
ReplyDeleteLoved the video. She is so alert! Glad to hear she's wolfin' down the bottles. And you can tell she's gettin' round! :-) Keep up the good work Chloe!!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! Great news all around. I Love, Love, LOVE the video and pics! Keep them coming. Glad to know she's outgrowing preemie clothes! Looks like I can go shopping some more - I don't want ALL of her clothes to be Mia/Solana hand-me-downs!!! (Her Royal Highness mustn't wear used clothes...)
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!
-Leticia-
We just watched that 5 times in a row! Just adore her ~
ReplyDeleteShe's delicious!
ReplyDeleteOh my, too cute, too cute, too cute! She has really taken off! I'm so glad she is eating well and progressing in the right direction. Way to go Chloe!
ReplyDeleteHugs and Prayers,
Jen
She is waaaaaay too cute. Feeding time has always been the most stressful time of our day with Crew, especially those first months at home. People thought our various eating techniques were odd. Hey, you do what you have to do!!!
ReplyDeleteawww! she's so big! and you both are so pretty!!
ReplyDeleteHow could a kid get that cute????? Geeezzz....What a doll. Give her kisses from the other Texas g'ma. I am so glad she's doing good. Her little cheeks look so good and "fluffy!" Bev
ReplyDelete