Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 138 - ...

Are you getting tired of reading this blog? Because, I'll tell you what, I'm getting tired of writing it...

Chloe's back on oxygen. She lasted a good day but then it just got to be too much for her.

She was having some trouble with feedings last night and this morning - they did another kind of upper GI on her today because they suspected she was aspirating (breathing in) her milk during feeds. They determined that the milk's hitting the back of her nose. She's now getting a thickener in her milk that she'll probably come home on. She probably also has some reflux but they're hesitant to put her on medication for it. I think the doctors want to avoid more medication, if possible. They just want to watch and assess for now.

Solana and I made it in to the hospital this morning before the snow really piled up but I'm stuck at home tonight. It probably wouldn't be sooo bad if Colt McCoy hadn't gotten injured. :-(

8 comments:

  1. But are you watching this freshman quarterback?! He's doing awesome!!! There's still 5 minutes in the game right now.. I'm crossing my fingers for him. Wouldn't it be AWESOME if they won?? Bama's quarterback hasn't lost a game that he's started since 8th grade! This would be awesome if Texas won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're tired but hey, that means to me that you wish you had Chloe home instead of writing about her fight to get home. You know what, I agree, I wish she was home! However I also feel that she is gathering her strenght to better fight off all these little things that seem to pull her back from going home as well as things out in the world that may send her back if she's not strong enough when she finally does go outside. I also feel that Leila Marie is keeping an eye on Chloe and when the time is right Leila will smile as to say, OK its time to go home to play with our older sister, Solana...... So as for the Blog, keep writing! Your words tells us more than just what happened. I feel that you're interpreting and enjoying the little ways that Leila communicates to us and how she takes care of her twin sister to make sure she's strong enough to go "outside". True, Chloe has come a long way, but wait a minute she's still a tiny baby. Maybe Leila is waiting for everything to work better before she goes outside the hospital with Chloe.... maybe. Besides, its cold out there. So keep us readers by Chloe's side and keep writing those beautiful words of love that share your Chloe with us while taking us so very close to her in your writings that we can hear when you whisper your hopes and dreams for her. Remember that we love Chloe and her mommy who wishes she could take her precious baby home, now! But also remember, Chloe will be ready only when she's strong enough and only when Leila smiles that the moment is right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please keep the post going i have followed your store from day 1 your due day and my daughter-in-laws due day where so close that i started keeping up with your store then you gave me so much hope when our little ones came 9 weeks early Little Lily passed away in her 20th week but keep her sister going tell week 31 (weighted 2 lbs 6 oz) now our little one is almost 7 lbs and is 3 mons old.
    keep up the post please and FIGHT CHLOE your in our prayers
    Nonnie in Oklahome

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to send you a prayer for the exhausted, for the tired, or for the frustrated, but instead, I'll send you this. Thinking about you and your continued struggle - know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come,knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we
    can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Cyndi, we hit a wall like this with Daphne so many times! It seemed to drag on, and on. It's particularly cruel when new issues come up this late in the game. But just look back at your earlier posts and see how far Miss Chloe has come. She will go home soon, she may need a puff of O2 and spit up, but those are totally manageable. She's a tough little cookie. Her East Coast cheering section can't wait to see her go home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The NICU is so exhausting, especially when you've been there for months and months. Rhys was in for 5.5 months, but every time I thought about it I reminded myself of the babies who'd been there for a while when he was born and were still there when we left. A small amount of O2 isn't a big deal in the whole scheme of things, even though I know it is something you hope you can do without. Rhys was on O2 until he was 1, and a fair amount of it due to a hernia surgery that set him back. As far as the thickened milk, that is somewhat common as well. Rhys had his milk thickened after he was discharged and it did the trick no problem. I am not sure what they use in your NICU, but just FYI when the time comes try Simply Thick (only specialty pharmacies carry it, so you might have to google it and order online) because it is a lot easier than mixing the powder. It really does sound like Chloe is doing well and will be home soon. Stay positive!
    God Bless!
    Candice, Cody & Rhys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quick question, if you get a chance, can you tell me what thickener they are using for Chloe. Looong post on reflux on Daphne's blog today. :-)

    ReplyDelete