Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Watermelon Peer Pressure

Dave bought a watermelon and cut it up. We've offered it to Solana a few times before and, being a kid who grew up chowing down on watermelon, it baffles me that she's not crazy about it. After a long afternoon of playing outside in the heat Solana decided she wanted a snack. I offered up some watermelon and this is what happened:

Me: Why don't you have some watermelon? (Taking a bite) Mmmm. It's sweet and delicious!
Solana: No thank you.
Me: Solana, all little kids loooove cold and juicy watermelon after playing outside in the hot sun.
Solana: Not this little kid!

Oops! Did I just attempt peer pressure on my daughter? My bad! Heehee! I can only hope she shows such strength against peer pressure when she gets older.

5 comments:

  1. You're funny! Lucy won't eat it either, but Daphne seems to like it. I give her a chunk and she gnaws on it. It's very cute. She likes watermelon juice too. It figures, it has such few calories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - you'll be glad when she's 14 and her buddy says "hey, don't you want some Crack Coccaine? Its so sweet and delicious!" And Solana will reply, "no, thank you" and the bad kid will say "solana, all teens loooooove Crack!" and solana will say" i don't eat watermelon and i don't do crack."
    you'll be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Kinley likes watermelon every OTHER summer. Fortunately we're in an ON AGAIN kind of year. Girls are so silly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...Whoever wrote that "crack" analogy is hilarious! I literally laughed out loud. I just hope Solana won't have any crack-addicted buddies (when she's 14, or ever!)

    Want REAL peer pressure- I'm gonna give Mia and Graham watermelon right in front of Solana when we visit next month. We'll see what she does then! hehehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! How is she feeling?

    ReplyDelete