Chloe's little bathtub has a hammock attachment for newborns that I've been using. The morning after our conversation I decided to take the hammock out. One side of the tub has a reclined seat for babies who aren't sitting yet and the other side has a straight seat for sitters. I put her in the reclined seat and...Holy Moley! She's TOTALLY big enough for this! I can't believe I still had her in the hammock! Then Dave set her in the exersaucer and whatdoyaknow - she fit - and loved it!
So yesterday I weighed myself and then myself+Chloe on the bathroom scale. According to that, she's 13.2 pounds. Yes! I decided to take all the 0-3 month clothes out of circulation. They all say "up to 12 pounds" after all. I put them in the plastic storage bin and noticed Chloe's preemie stuff that was already in there. I got an idea - a little experiment. Here's the outcome. These pictures will blow your mind. Dave's eyeballs popped out of his head Jim Carey style when he saw the one of Solana carrying her.
Here Chloe is modeling her round belly next to one of the preemie outfits she wore her first month at home. (Hmmm)
I tried to put it on her... (Wow)
I tried to close the snap... (Hahahaha)
Then Solana asked if she could hold Chloe. (YOWZA!) Doesn't Chloe look humongous?!? I promise this picture is not digitally enhanced.
After our second visit to the pulmonologist I noticed the doctor typed "Good Job Mom!" in the post visit instruction notes. And I must admit that, although her weight gain isn't actually a result of my effort, I liked it :-) But Chloe's weight gain the month after that visit was less impressive (that was the month she had her cataract surgery). I have tracked every single mL Chloe has eaten since January in a little log book and take note if she takes less in a day than I expect. Perhaps I don't need to obsess so much. I believe she's picked up the pace again. There just may be a gold star in my future, after all...




She looks really big, bigger than 13lbs I would think. How big is Solana? Chloe looks half her size! And how adorable is that smile? How's she doing with the contact lenses?
ReplyDeleteWhat a big girl. I have to say, Chloe is probably one of the cutest babies I've seen. And lets not forget about her big sis. She is beautiful too! You're one lucky mama!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure you have about a million gold stars after your name! Love the pic of your two girls. Solana is such a proud big sister.
ReplyDeleteShe really IS a giant!! Love all the pics! Comparison pics are the best.
ReplyDeleteShe looks amazing and way to go, MOM!! Funny you should post this. Kinley dug out Crew's old micropreemie onesie and I have a photoshoot planned for later this week!
ReplyDeleteYou get a whole SHEET of gold stars :)
what a big girl!! she truly has came a long way and is getting prettier and prettier daily !! great job Mommy..as I always say Its only moms that can do the job right!!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!!!!!!! absolutely speechless!!
ReplyDeleteSINGING PRAISES! how awesome is that?!?
You've always had a gold star in my book, sis!
ReplyDelete