Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Chloe did the most amazing thing today! She rolled! I'm not talking the simple roll from her belly to her back. She's a pro at that now (and displays this skill every time I attempt tummy-time). I'm talking the fabtastic roll-across-the-room roll! My baby is MOBILE! (I cheer now...heehee.)

For the past two weeks I have been dutifully practicing rolling with Chloe - turning her hips and encouraging her to continue rolls in one direction - showing her how to position her arms so they don't get stuck underneath her. We practiced every day and she didn't seem to mind but also didn't seem to be paying too much attention to my lectures and demonstrations. Then I got home from the pool with Solana this afternoon and Dave said, "Wow. Chloe's really rolling all over the place now, isn't she?" Seriously? I swear I just read this on someone else's blog. Mom works every day with child but child never performs. Mom leaves the room for one moment and child puts on a three ring circus act for Dad. Hahaha! I would be annoyed except I'm sooooo excited that she's doing it! And she's pretty excited about it, too. She kept doing it over and over and over! Unfortunately, I can't seem to load a video onto Blogger....not sure why. But if you want to see the video I think you can see it from this link. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=412120715840&saved If not, add me as a Facebook friend. I'm happy to add blog friends :-) (Cynthia Hendrickson)

We just saw the opthamologist yesterday and he was happy to see Chloe tracking with her left eye. She definitely has vision in that left eye. It's apparent, though, that she favoring her right eye. We're still putting a patch over her right eye four hours a day and hoping for the best. I told Dave I should do a post demonstrating my ingenuity in patching - my patching tutorial for those who may need it. The doctor was pretty excited that Chloe keeps her patch on. We had a really hard time getting it to stay the first few weeks but I played with the patch and started strategically cutting slits in them to make them stay on better. Ever since then the patch stays on for a 5-hour stretch (4 awake hours) easy peasy lemon squeazy! The doctor also noticed her left eye crossing in a bit. She might need surgery to correct those muscles and straighten the eye but it sounded cosmetic to me. For some reason, I didn't want to get into that too much just yet. All I can do right now is patch consistently so I'm going to do that. They'll do a thorough exam of her eye under anesthesia some time after she turns one. (Planning ahead isn't my number one virtue - just ask my hubby and he'll tell you about how I say "bye" about 5 times every time I go somewhere!) Oh, and her contact is staying in ok. We've found it on the couch twice this week - always contact drama. But I'm sure you're bored of hearing those stories over and over *wink*

Time for bed. I need to reserve some energy for my jog tomorrow morning followed by baby chasing!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Chloe! So proud of her! Neither of my girls ever used rolling for locomotion. It's amazing how well she's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for the little roller! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete