Well, I decided today that I have zero intuition. I had a really good feeling about today's eye exams. But, unfortunately, I suck. Chloe still has blood in her left eye. After a month, both the opthamologist and retinalogist are nervous. The concern is that the blood is blocking her vision in that eye. She's still developing her vision, synapses are connecting, etc. Inability to see because of blood could have long-term effects on her vision. They're sending Chloe to the experts in Michigan and anticipate that they'll to a vitrectomy. As of this moment we're waiting for the local nurse to hear back from the surgical scheduler in Michigan to tell us when they can fit Chloe into the schedule.
The ironic thing about this trip to Michigan is that my parents are coming from Texas for a week. They arrive Friday. If you recall, my parent's last week-long visit to Ohio (for Thanksgiving) coincided with our last trip to Michigan. Apparently, they have some kind of radar to know exactly when we'll be needing them and plan their trips accordingly. Thank God for my awesome parents.
As far as the vitrectomy goes - I don't know of any dangers/concerns inherent to the surgery itself. Of course, Chloe will be anaesthetised, intubated, and her eye will be sliced. I find none of these things appealing. But the vitrectomy itself should have no affect on her vision and she should heal from it. Hopefully, it will save her vision. I'm ahead of myself, though. They haven't even seen her. As of now we don't know when we're leaving or even if she'll have the surgery. I'll keep you up-to-date as much as possible.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Boy, oh boy. Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteGive those eyes a little kiss from us.
ReplyDeleteIntuition aside, you were right to be positive and hope really hard that this trip wouldn't be necessary. So it may be that the MI specialists won't need to do the surgery? I'll hope for that outcome. Keep us posted if you can.
ReplyDelete