I received a call from the local retinalogist's nurse today. The exam/surgery will be the 19th (next Friday). The retinalogist originally said he wanted Chloe there this week or early next week but, apparently, there's some big conference going on in Vail next week. All of the surgeons in Detroit will be at this conference. Their schedules were all booked for this Friday in preparation for a week away and they'll be back just in time to take Chloe next Friday.
On the one hand I'm glad for the week delay because we get to spend it with my parents. On the other hand, I was under the impression that the longer we wait the more likely Chloe's vision will be damaged. I drilled the local nurse about it this morning (none of the doctors were available, of course) and she assured me that, if it were a problem to wait, the local doctor would have said something when they booked the surgery date. I was glad she was so "sure" of that but asked to have the doctor call me back, anyway. It's too bad the two doctors who've actually looked at Chloe's eyes this past month are both out of the office for a week. I missed a call back from a third doctor in their practice but she'll call me tomorrow.
She will surely tell me that the possible detrimental effect of waiting a few days is negligible compared to the benefit of going to the world renowned doctors in Detroit. I just want to hear her say that.
We'll be patching Chloe's good eye in the meantime.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment