Sooo...the nurses change out Chloe's isolette once a week. An isolette is the fancy bed she sleeps in (you may refer to it as an incubator). They keep it warm and humid to protect her delicate skin and the reason for the weekly change is mainly for hygene. They want to make sure she's always in a fresh clean environment (and I like that!) But that's not the only reason I like isolette changes. The most exciting reason is the fact that this is currently my and Dave's (if I ever give him a turn) only opportunity to hold Chloe. She's too sensitive to stimulation right now to be handled on a regular basis so we don't yet get to touch her very much at all.
I was so excited the first time I got to hold her I could hardly stand it. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I was a little nervous because she was out of her safe little environment but they wrapped her up in super warm blankets and a respiratory specialist was making sure she was breathing well. She is so beautiful! I can't wait to do kangaroo care! Get stronger baby so Mama can hold you all the time!
Isn't she just amazing! I could have stared at her all night but the isolette change only took them about 3 or 4 minutes to complete. Do I look excited, or what?




Yea! I'm so glad you were able to hold her! Kangaroo care is coming soon!
ReplyDeleteshe's so little and cute!! I love the smile on your face, pure joy. thx for the blog, great idea.
ReplyDelete