Chloe had her one year checkup recently. Our pediatrician tends to defer to the specialists for almost anything I ever have a question about. I think she's being a "team player" and doesn't want to contradict them but sometimes I just wish I'd get a different opinion from her to know that she actually has one... I'm sure if she was concerned about anything she'd let me know, though. At least I hope so...
She did say something that made me very happy. Upon inspection of Chloe's head and soft spot she commented that, "She has a really nicely shaped head! Especally for having been so tiny." If you have any idea how obsessed I've been about Chloe's head shape you know what a compliment this was to me. I'm pretty sure my face was glowing with pride when she said this.
I think it's pretty funny how obsessed I've been with this. But I think maybe this was the one thing I felt like I could affect and actually did! Protein drinks, bedrest, surgery - we still lost Leila and had Chloe too early. Daily kangaroo care, pumping breastmilk - Chloe's lungs and body still grew too slowly. Eye patching and contact use - she still has vision issues and crossed eyes. Daily excercises - still not sitting. BUT rotating her while she slept actually worked! She has a round head. Yay! Small victory but at least something I've done has paid off. Ha!
(Yes, I'm being slightly sarcastic but I'm feeling slightly sarcastic :)
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Ha ha! I know exactly how obsessed you have been and I know how you felt when she commented on the success of your efforts. I know because I have felt that same flush of pride over the same issue :) Ha ha ha! Though usually I have to point out to our ped (at every appt) how beautiful his head is, whenever there is opportunity. A mom needs validation sometimes :) Our kids will thank us some day for refusing to accept toaster-head as a viable option.
ReplyDelete