As I mentioned before, I quit pumping on Solana's birthday. It actually took about 5 or 6 days before I pumped for the very last time. Solana was cheering for me to quit, too. Every day she'd ask, "When do you get to quit pumping, Mommy?" I think she must have been excited since I've probably told her, "No, I can't. I have to pump now," over the past year too many times. So we're all enjoying my new-found freedom.
The month before Chloe's birthday I actually transitioned her from breastmilk to formula. Each week I'd switch one more of her daily bottles to formula. So I had a little surplus of milk in the deep freezer. This time I was smart and scalded the milk before freezing it (this is the process of heating the milk on the stovetop just until it starts to boil and then immediately freezing it) so it wouldn't get that yucky lipase taste.
I got a little nervous Thursday when I noticed I was down to my last bag of frozen milk. "This is it." I thought. No more Mommy Milk! Then. Lo and Behold. I filled up with milk on Friday. Painfully, too! A good week since my last pumping and after several days of enjoying my new smaller bustline...I couldn't believe it!
I didn't think it was possible to get milk again several days after drying out but there it was. Weird. I actually think my nervousness over giving Chloe her last milk brought it back. The mind/body connection is pretty crazy sometimes...
Monday, September 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




That's awful, wonderful, funny, and weird all at the same time :)
ReplyDeleteHow weird! I didn't know that either, but it totally makes sense- the way you put it. Stop thinking about milk! :o)
ReplyDeleteThat is crazy.. but I remember Clint telling me (he looks up EVERYTHING) that it actually takes like 18 months for your milk to completely dry up, even if you don't see or feel it. Crazy!
ReplyDelete