Friday, February 12, 2010

Pirate Chloe

All is well in Chloeland. We sort of have a routine that includes MWF taking Solana to and picking her up from school. That somehow begins at 9am and ends at 3pm. What goes on in the middle, I couldn't even tell you...

Tuesdays and Thursdays are our doctor days. We missed the big pulmonology visit this week because of snow so we'll go next week and find out how much Chloe has grown. She should be pushing 7 pounds by now. She has now officially outgrown her premie clothes and I'm plucking newborn clothes our of her room piece by piece. Hopefully, I'll wash and organize them all this weekend. She has TONS of really cute NB clothes that we received as gifts. I'm so glad they weren't all preemie clothes (now that she's outgrown them). Most of them are onesies with pants combos, though. Not too practical to pull outfits over her head with the canula or wear pants with her pulse-ox monitor on her foot. Fashion isn't always easy, right?


We did make it to the Retinologist this week, though. These are the ones that checked her eyes in the NICU and did the laser surgery for ROP. On Wednesday they saw a vitrous hemorrage (blood) in her left eye. This was the bad one back in November. Fortunately, they didn't seem to concerned about it - as far as ROP goes. There's still no retinal detachment or signs of ROP. Supposedly, something as simple as Chloe waving her arms around and smacking herself on the face could rupture some of those tiny vessels and cause it. The problem is that the blood clouds her vision in that eye and her developing brain could just decide to stop working on that eye and put all its effort into the right eye. We had to go back on Thursday to see the pediatric opthomolagist who said we need to patch the good eye until the bad one clears up. So, without further ado I present to you... Valentine Pirate Chloe! Aaargh!







Hopefully, the patch works. She has to wear one for half of her waking time every day. They're kind of like big bandaids that are a little less sticky and only really annoying thing about it is that the part that goes over the bridge of her nose never wants to stick. I just ordered a bunch online and read the "tricks." Supposedly, they're heat activated. I tried pressing gently on the part over her nose today and it already popped up leaving a hole for her to peek through. Yesterday I was all ghetto and used a piece of tape from her sats probe to make it stick from her nose. Looked pretty hilarious. Hopefully, I can figure this out before I resort to other sticky methods. They make some cute ones, though. I ordered the "girl" pack...


My mom sent the cutest valentine outfits. I couldn't resist a photo shoot in them. And I now realize that the headband didn't match. I didn't have any solids and it had hearts. Don't ask my sister about some of the non-matching catastrophes that were Solana's outfits as a baby. I don't know what my deal is with baby clothes. Haha!

And here's my cat Serafina taking advantage of an empty house. We arrived home to find her like this...

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving pirate Chloe...Only she could pull it off in such a cute way! ...And only she could pull of the non-matching headband that her mommy put on her! I must run out and buy her some-immediately!! :o)

    FOUR DAYS until I get to hold CHLOE!! I'm freaking out! See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, you should see some of the things I put Ava in! I still think she looked cute regardless of her clothes :) I've always thought that Chloe and Solana seem to be in really cute outfits! I can't wait until Ava's hair is long like Solana's so I can braid it like you do!

    Ironically, we just talked about the brain/eye issue you mentioned in my A&P class. She is definitely rocking the patch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute!...she seems so happy even with the patch on...i know in michigan they had to strap ayden down b/c he liked to rip his patch off. All they used was tape for theirs so i dont think you have anything to worry about with feeling "ghetto"... <3 u guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha!! Love the cat!!! That's one very cute pirate too!!! ;0 )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are working things out! I hope she is 7 big fat pounds at your appointment! What little chunka-chunka! Yay, Chloe!

    Oh, Cyndi, she just makes the most adorable little pirate! Argh, Matey! Have you considered duct tape? LOL, snort!

    PS -- she still looks so teeny in her car seat! Holy smokes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe how big she has gotten. She is just growing like a weed! I'm so happy that all is going relatively well...and the eye patch is cute, so even it isn't so bad. :-) Thoughts and prayers are with you daily, even if my messages aren't!

    ReplyDelete